Friday, November 21, 2014

hunting spruce hens

Hunting is my favorite thing to do with my dad. We usually hunt for spruce hen in the late morning, after all the predators go to sleep.  I love the sound of the leaves crunching under my feet, birds singing, and the fresh smell of pine.
      
Time to get ready for another awesome hunt! first I run to the closet and get my green and brown camo suit and snap on steel knife. Then I go over to the gun box and get a pack of bullets and my 22 rifle. Finally I bolt to the car. The game is on!
        
As soon as my dad and I enter the woods we know it is great hunting weather. There is a slight up draft in the wind, great for hunting birds. Ten minutes later we hear the unmistakable flapping of wings. A spruce hen! I am startled by a loud bang! in a flash my dad's pistol is back in it's holster and the hen is dead at our feet.
 
 
As we walk home we thought about what to do with our kill. I suggested burritos and dad agreed. You know what that means. we hade a delicious dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment